Unity Tutorial 04




I was glad that this weeks tutorial started with fixing something I found counter intuitive to the gameplay from last week. Having to press the "s" key every time I wanted to span a new animal got in the way of gameplay I felt, so having the animals spawn on a timer was pretty handy I must say. Inputting the code for the spawn manager would have seemed an impossible task if not for the tutorial. The narrator explains what we're inputting and why very clearly which I found really helpful.

Challenge 2 did exactly what it said on the tin, it challenged me, however, I finally got it to the point where the ball would fall from the top of the screen at random intervals and the player could send the dog out to catch the ball, leaving me feeling pretty accomplished. (Though I admit I checked YouTube tutorials for a bit of help)

Unit 3 was one that I found pretty easy, mostly because I had already implemented sound into my project game. The player movement tutorial was very helpful, I found the jumping advice to be really helpful, applying Gravity modifiers was somethin I found pretty interesting, I wonder if this was something the developers of the originbal Mario games had to consider or if this is only applies to recent games.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project: Beta

Introduction to me

First Playable