Unity Tutorial 03


 

This weeks Unity Tutorial was pretty difficult I must say. I'm steadily starting to realise that my laptop may not be able to keep up with the Unity engine, every time I use it something goes wrong, whether it be the programme doesn't remember I have a licence or the programme just randomly crashing whenever it feels the need to. 

Once I had gotten the programme to work however, the tutorials were easy enough to follow. I started with opening a new project and importing all the assets much like how I did with project 1, except this time i named the project "Project 2" I then dragged and dropped the humans pets and food into the landscape. Lesson 2.1 was mostly just inputting the suitable code into the player character.

Lesson 2.2 is one I wished i had completed before finishing my game as I feel the projectile throwing mechanics that learnt in this part would have worked well for a shooting mechanic in my game. I was pretty excited when the projectile worked after I had pressed the spacebar, unfortunately it was then tat my laptop crashed.

Lesson 2.3 introduced a thing called spawn manager which was pretty fun to play around with. I did however find pressing s to spawn creatures counter intuitive. The thing I most struggled wit was making the camera work well for the gameplay as I often find it hard to position it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project: Beta

Introduction to me

First Playable