Game Elements


https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fsabotencon%2Fstatus%2F906211826823815170&psig=AOvVaw1d_ap4ym4gTAVD8kCA4XY5&ust=1641866276866000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAwQjhxqFwoTCPiz5NOKpvUCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD
 

The reading this week was real fun. The video had alot of fun ideas as to how to come up with ways to conceptualise your games in real life, it reminds me of how Hideo Kojima used Lego to create and plan out the maps for the Metal Gear games, an interesting video that kind of connects to this can be found here.

"Formal Abstract Design Tools" by Doug Church was an easy, quick read. I enjoyed how on page 2 he discusses how games have a language without borders, detailing how gamers have their own lingo that stretches worldwide which I found amusing.

I found Paper Prototyping and Iterative Design by Chris Barney to be the best of the three. It has the same sort of concept found in the video but his blog aesthetic and his writing skill is excellent. I enjoyed it quite a bit.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project: Beta

Introduction to me

First Playable